Sunday, February 4, 2018

Walked down to Glover's Creek yesterday.  They have a gate up right as you enter Echo Valley park, but the walk in wasn't bad at all.  Stream nearly completely open, with just a few places iced up.   Temps around 30 degrees.  Saw (scared) quite a few trouts.   Went up to the first ford, and then onto the rocks; staying on the left side of the creek (and keeping my sox dry). 


Hooked one rainbow (on a Green Retro), but lost him without getting him to me:  Skunked.

Kept fishing that same hole, 'cause I couldn't go up further without using the ford.  No Joy.
It started snowing, and after a while I gave it up, and walked out. 

The steep hill by the stream was a little hard to go up, since the patches of ice now had snow on them. Had to walk slow, as I had neither my cleats or my wading staff; but it wasn't too bad as long as you went slow.

No comments:

Post a Comment